Saturday, September 24, 2011

About My About Me

It's not uncommon for me to use random movie/tv quotes in every day conversation.  For some, this can be mildly entertaining, particularly when the source of the quote is known.  It's like a shared moment, an open invitation to join a select clique of fellow pop-culture lovers.  And let's face it:  everyone loves to be part of something.  But if you're like me, sometimes those random quotes mean absolutely nothing to the rest of the world.  You'll know those moments when you're on the receiving end of a questioning stare or there's an awkward pause in the conversation.  But the worst is no acknowledgment whatsoever of your genius.  I say that's the worst, because it means that clearly no one is listening to you.

Anyway, when that has happened to me in the past (and I'm  not saying it happens often), I have to either keep moving forward or stop and explain myself.  Explaining definitely takes the wind out of those figurative sails.  But sometimes it's needed.  Which leads me to my "About Me" description.  If you are the few who happened to a) read it, and b) recognize it was a play on a pop culture reference, then you deserve kudos for that alone.  If you also KNEW the quote source, then I believe I may have found a kindred spirit.  Here's the original, unedited source:



The Ghost Whisperer?  Really?  Yes, well, it turns out that her opening intro was pretty easy to mess with.  And given my interest in numbers, the About Me seemed so obvious.  Well, obvious to me.













No comments: