Monday, January 23, 2012

Kissin' and Tellin'

One of P’s friends had his first kiss this week, and P was telling me about it last night.  Here’s how the conversation went:

P:  “Mom, I have to tell you something about Beck.”

Me (guessing):  “He has a girlfriend.

P:  “YES!  How did you know???”

Me:  “Because I can read your mind.”

P:  “But did you know that he kissed her?”

Me (he’s got my attention now):  “What?!?  On the lips?  Was that his first kiss???”

P:  “Yes!  He’s the man!”

Me:  “Was it a sucky-face kind of kiss or just a quick smooch?”

P:  “Well, he turned to kiss her, and…”

Me:  “You were there???”

P:  “No, but they both told me about it.”

Me:  “Wait, they BOTH told you about it?  Why would they both tell you about it?  How did you find out in the first place?”

P:  “Well Beck told me and Andy about it after school, and then I asked Sophie if it was true, and she said yes.  But she said it wasn’t on the lips.  She said that Beck came towards her and she turned her head, so he kissed her cheek. ”

Me:  “So he told you it was on the lips and she said it was on the cheek?  Did you go back to Beck and see if he would fess up?  Did he?”

P:  “Yeah, I did, and he said it was just on the cheek.  But I don’t care.  He’s got my respect for going for it.”

Me:  “Don’t get any ideas.”

P:  “Mom, how old were you when you had your first kiss?”

Me:  “Fourteen”

P:  “Was he ugly?”

End of loving mom-son moment.


2 comments:

TILTE said...

I'm with P.

...Was he ugly?

Number Whisperer said...

Sadly, he was. But I think you already knew that.