Friday, October 19, 2012

When Good Jack-o-Lanterns Go Bad

When we decided to put out some Halloween decorations last week, we never guessed just how scary it would get.

Is that dryer lint?  No, it's mold.

Seven days in an air conditioned house was no match for the heat wave we experienced last week.  It took these:

Those are some good-looking pumpkins.

And turned them into these:

Nausea and headache aside, this jack-o-lantern is  pure magic.

No doubt, these are the scariest jack-o-lanterns we've ever made.

I wonder what would happen if I put this on P's pillow while he's sleeping.

I considered keeping them in the backyard for a while longer, to enjoy the sheer creepiness of them.  But in transporting them from the patio to the yard, most of my fingers got lost in the spongy-goopiness that had become this poor guy, causing it to collapse in a misshapen, demented heap on the patio floor.

It was pretty cool.

2 comments:

You're Lucky I Don't Have a Gun... said...

I was telling Eric a few weeks ago about how pumpkins are a waste of money and they always end up as a furry pile of goo. Thanks for proving my point.

Number Whisperer said...

Any time.