Monday, January 14, 2013

Children in the Workplace

I have a coworker who is a genius.  Well, technically he might not be classified as "genius", but he graduated from a top college at age 17.  And what took me 23 years to achieve in my career...well he's managed to do in 2 years.

He's 19 now.

And he's my peer.

At first, I thought, "oh great, just another slam to my already fragile ego...now I have to deal with a kid showing me that what I thought was kind of challenging work is actually something a trained chimp could do."

But he has grown on me.  And he really IS pretty bright.  So I don't feel so bad anymore.  

Sharing a cubicle wall with a 19 year old genius is exactly what I thought it would be like.

Too bad I can't share any stories with you.

Because he'll be my boss one day.


No comments: