Friday, March 15, 2013

What's the Opposite of a Pinterest Fail?

A Pinterest Success!

I never thought I'd see the day where a Pinterest idea actually panned out.

I've had my share of pinterest fails, and my faith was fairly shaken.  Hairstyles, makeup techniques, crafts, recipes...they all resulted in disaster.

But not this time.

So here's the backstory.  My niece, G, and I were goofing off one day, trying on my mom's red lipstick (yes, even at 42, I still play with makeup), when I decided to go for a retro look to accompany the lipstick.

The end result on me, was horrible. I believe the term my sister used to describe it was "transvestite."

But for G, it ended up a total success.  I recalled a look I had seen on Pinterest and convinced her to let me try it out on her.  I can't find the pin anymore to show you what it was supposed to look like, but here's what I made of it:
Gotta love teenagers and their fingernails.

Not bad for a rubber band and two bobby pins.

I'm available for weddings.

Nice photobomb, Charley.

No comments: