Saturday, October 29, 2011

Madden NFL Breast Cancer Awareness Mode

I overheard my sons tonight, as they discussed which Madden game they were going to load.

"Do you want to play Superbowl or Breast Cancer Awareness?" asked P (my 12 year old) to L (my 9 year old). They decided on Breast Cancer Awareness. 

My, how times have changed.

At first, it didn't even register that my boys were throwing around the word "breast" so unaffectedly.  But then it occurred to me.  These are boys who are using a word that I never dared utter without blushing when I was their age.  And sure, I was raised Catholic, so that may play into the modesty that seems to be a part of my core.  But even still, kids just didn't say certain words back in my day.  Words that now are so accepted that they're no longer taboo.

I love it.

And as I type this, I can hear the Madden announcer give a plug about the importance of regular screenings...


No comments: