Friday, February 17, 2012

When Bad Things Happen to Good Shoes

Just another day in the NW household, squeezing a load of laundry in between basketball practice and dinner.  But today's different.  Hmmm...something doesn't seem right about this load of laundry.  What's this?

 Is that a....a boot???


 How the heck did that get in there?

My better half walks over to see what I'm chuckling about, and he says "you washed your boot?  You wouldn't believe how dusty that boot was so I vacuumed it the other day.  I put it in on top of the dirty clothes when I was done, I can't believe you didn't see it!"

"You put it in the laundry basket???"  I say in disbelief.

"Yeah, I put it there right on top, nice and neat, after I finished vacuuming it.  I can't believe you didn't see it there."

Seriously? By the time I did the laundry, 3 days later, it was nicely tucked between the the fruit of the looms and the fuzzy socks.

I'm not too sad though...it's a free pass to a new pair of shoes.  And I wasn't too attached to them.

He doesn't need to know that.


3 comments:

Crying is the New Croquet said...

"THIS IS WHY WE CAN"T HAVE NICE THINGS!!!!," they would here me screaching.

Bigger than Average Mom said...

I learned the lesson early on... always check what you are throwing in the washing machine. I've accidentally "washed" lipstick, candy, chapstick, and crayons. And the ex actually washed a cell phone once.

And those boots were tres chic!

Number Whisperer said...

Croquet, I don't know why I wasn't seeing red also...I must've been at a hormonal low.

BTAM, M left something black in his pants the other day and turned the entire load into a sketchpad. Clearly, I haven't learned my lesson yet.