Monday, May 28, 2012

I Count Stairs


My friend Jman over at Inside the Mind of Jman has bestowed a Creativ Blogger award on me.  I’m a sucker for any kind of award, so it’s a guarantee I’ll play.  I need to give 10 random facts about me and then pass the award forward. 

So without any further ado, I’d like to present the ten random facts about NumberWhisperer (of Blogger fame).

1)      I count stairs.  Always have.  Childhood home:  14 stairs.  Current home:  4 stairs at entry, 10 more to get to second level, 3 down to get to sunken living room.
2)      When I was four years old, I saw my brother fighting with the kid across the street, so I ran over, fists a flyin’, grabbed the boy and opened up a can of whoop-ass on him.  By the time they pulled me off, I was holding his head in the gutter.  My one and only street brawl.

You'd never know I threw a can at his head once.
 3)    When I was a toddler, my mom couldn’t find me anywhere in the house; after a frantic search, she called the police and reported me missing.  Neighbors got involved, and a search began.  A couple hours after I disappeared, they found me in the house across the street.  I was in the upstairs bedroom, under the bed, playing.  Only when I type this out now, all these years later, does it sound like a thwarted child abduction.
4)      My first impression of my Better Half?  “Ahhh, he’s HOT!”  His?  “She’s pretty cute, but she dresses kind of frumpy.”  I can’t disagree.  Sadly, the same still holds true for me today.

In my defense, we were camping, and it was COLD.
5)      My first job was hawking styrofoam airplanes in the middle of the mall.  I hated it.
6)      I do zumba.  This may be my most shameful secret.  And after finding this video of a zumba flash mob at Target, I may never do it again.


7)      I love avocados almost as much as I love butter.
8)      An eye doctor once told me that he could tell, by looking at my eyes, that I came from noble ancestry.  “Really?”  I asked, perking up.  “Yes,” he said matter of factly.  “You see these brown markings?  They’re the mark of inbreeding, which was very common in royal families.”  Lovely.

This is actually me with pinkeye, but it still works for the post.

9)      I’ve been mistaken for Greek, Italian, Asian, and Middle Eastern.  I’m half Mexican, half Colombian. 

Colombian Dad plus Mexican Mom equals Colombican Me.

10)   My  favorite place in the whole world is the Upper Newport Bay in Newport Beach, CA.  It meets my 3 basic requirements:  it’s safe, it’s a natural water environment, and it’s perfect for long walks.

Sprinkle my ashes here.

Last time I did one of these pass-it-forward posts, my opt-in rate was pretty low.  So, I’ll leave it open.  Anyone who would like to talk about themselves (and who wouldn’t?) is encouraged to post their ten random facts about themselves.  It’s kind of fun trying to figure out which ten to post.


No comments: