Monday, November 5, 2012

A Freudian Slip

I called my mom today, just to say hi, and instead, accidentally dialed my kids' pediatrician.

Let's examine the psychology of that little Freudian slip.

I looooove my pediatrician.
I looooove my mom too.

My pediatrician is old.  Older than my Dad.
My mom is also old.  And also older than my Dad.

My pediatrician is really good with my boys.
My mom is really good with my boys.

My pediatrician finished our last visit with a warm hug.
My mom usually finishes our visits with a warm hug.

My pediatrician gives advice like, "give him1 tsp of amoxicillin 3 times a day for his ear infection."
My mom gives advice like, "go in the backyard and pull some mint from my plant to put in his ear."

I guess that's where the similarities end.

My head is shaped like a gourd.



No comments: